On This Page: [hide]
Shipping plugins are a mandatory step in having a successful WooCommerce website, especially when you do not want to hire highly paid developers to code that part of your site.
We at HowToHosting.guide are going to reveal the best shipping extensions you can install on your WooCommerce website in 2021.
WooCommerce Advanced Shipping Plugin
WooCommerce Advanced Shipping plugin allows you to create your own shipping rates based on certain conditions. Using the simple User Interface you can set the conditions based on your shipping needs.
You can create custom table rate shipping based on said conditions. For instance, you can use Weight, Volume, Country, State and more as conditions to set your table shipping rates.
With that in mind, know you have great flexibility in what you want to charge to a specific demographic.
No coding skills are needed to set up the plugin or use it.
WooCommerce Advanced Shipping Benefits
Below you will find a comparison between the free and paid versions of WooCommerce Advanced Shipping.
The free version of the plugin has these features:
- Seamless Integration with WooCommerce Shipping Zones
- Easy to Use and Intuitive User Interface
- Define the Shipping Label that Shows in Cart
- Define Shipping by Total Cost
- Define Shipping by Weight
- Include or Exclude Tax
- Multiple Tiers Available
- Add More Handling Fees for Each Order
In contrast, the paid version offers these exclusive benefits:
- Set up Unlimited Shipping Services (Standard / Express)
- Shipping Driven by Country, State or Zip/Postal Code
- Use WooCommerce Bulit-in Shipping Classes (Allows for Complex Rules)
- Base Shipping on the Number of Items
- Calculate Shipping Based on the Weight (lbs/kg)
- Include a Handling Fee in Shipping Costs
- Amazing Flexibility for Your Store
- Great Support Team
Prices are divided into three different pricing plans, with detailed information about what features you get with each of those plans. We suggest you try out the free version and see if it is sufficient. Continue reading to check out the other Shipping plugins we have reviewed below.
WooCommerce ShipStation Integration
WooCommerce ShipStation Gateway is a well-known service that helps e-commerce store owners to manage, import, and export orders better. This plugin is free and helps you integrate ShipStation services within your WooCommerce store.
ShipStation is a great plugin that has sophisticated automation features which will help you cut time and save you some effort in shipping-related work.
ShipStation will aid you in minimizing your shipping and fulfillment efforts, help you ship faster and cheaper with great branding tools, all of which will please your clients.
WooCommerce ShipStation Integration Plugin Benefits
The official WooCommerce ShipStation plugin, offers these features:
- High customization – you can use it regardless of the size of a business
- Helps you import orders. As well as batch label creation, communicate with customers, etc.
- ShipStation mobile app is available for Android and iOS
- Saves you Time – by importing orders automatically, no matter where you sell
- Saves you Money – by giving the deepest USPS rates available and all carrier choices possible
- Helps you with Branding – you can customize notification emails, packing slips, shipping labels, and have a branded tracking page
As a free plugin, you should definitely try it out, as WooCommerce ShipStation Integration offers so much ease for your work that it would be a shame if you did not at least try it.
WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping
To begin, let us explain to you what is Table Rate Shipping. Table Rate Shipping is a method of using various product and order details as price, weight, size, location to calculate the available shipping methods and cost.
In case you sell products which vary in size, weight it is best to use a dedicated Table Rate Shipping plugin. Such a plugin goes by the name of WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping.
Actually, there are a few plugins with that exact name, all of which are great, while some of them might be abandoned by their developers. Look for one that is still updated to this day.
We suggest you go with the official Table Rate Shipping plugin developed by WooCommerce. The plugin costs around a hundred dollars and it is billed annually.
WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping plugin extends the default WooCommerce shipping features and gives you advanced highly customizable settings, hence widening its flexibility. Released on 2011, but still updated in 2021.
Table Rate Shipping Plugin Benefits
The official WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping plugin, offers these features when purchased:
- Multiple Shipping Rates based on Shipping Zones
- Wildcards Can be Used to Match Multiple Regions
- Different Table Rates – per Order, per Line, per Item, per Shipping Class
- Rules based on Price, Weight, Number of Items
- Intuitive Interface to Add, Duplicate and Edit Table Rates
- You Can Add Labels to Shipping
- Set Min/Max Values to Shipping Cost of Cart (or Individual Item)
- Add Tax Status to Shipping (Shipping Cost Added to Taxable Price)
If you are making that many orders on a monthly basis, surely you would be able to pay less than ten dollars a month for a plugin that allows you to have good shipping logistics. PluginHive offers a few other features that you should check out before paying for either plugin.
ELEX WooCommerce USPS Shipping Plugin
ELEX WooCommerce USPS Shipping Plugin with Print Label is a WooCommerce extension that helps automate USPS shipping. It costs $69 per year for a single site, but also has a 30-Day Money Guarantee:
The plugin will show shipping rates in the Cart and Checkout pages.
Other features include the showcase of USPS Shipment Tracking information within the Order Page, regardless if an administrator or client checks tracking.
Another thing that the ELEX WooCommerce USPS Shipping Plugin is useful for is to print USPS eVS Shipment Labels from within WooCommerce Order Admin Page.
USPS Shipment tracking is without hassle when you use the plugin. Both Store owners and Clients can easily track shipments.
Logging in to the USPS website is not necessary to check tracking status. This plugin provides the needed information in a pop-up window.
ELEX WooCommerce USPS Shipping Plugin Benefits
Benefits that come with all packages of the ELEX WooCommerce USPS Shipping Plugin:
- USPS Live Shipping Rates & Estimated Delivery Date
- USPS Shipment Tracking for Customers
- USPS Shipment Tracking for Store Admins
- Parcel Packaging Options
- Enable USPS Flat Rate Shipping
- Adjust Shipping Prices
- Plugin Compatibility
- Print USPS eVS SCAN Form
- Access USPS Services for Real-time rates
- Print Shipping Label (USPS eVS – With Postage)
As you can see from the above features and the 30-day money back guarantee, the United States Postal Service have made certain that you have modern options to track shipments and make that available to customers as well.
WooCommerce Weight Based Shipping
The Weight Based Shipping Plugin is a plain but flexible shipping technique for WooCommerce websites which are focused primarily on order weight for shipping cost calculations.
Weight Based Shipping WooCommerce Plugin is not limited to only calculating cost based on weight, regardless that this is its primary directive. With this plugin you can add multiple rules based on different conditions.
WooCommerce Weight Based Shipping is open source software, which is fantastic. This offers transparency and more people can contribute to improving the code and fixing problems.
Weight Based Shipping Plugin Benefits
Weight Based Shipping WooCommerce Plugin offers the following benefits:
- Order Weight, Subtotal and Destination Rules (multiple rules creation available)
- Flexible Price Calculation (a rule can be configured for Flat Rate, Cart Weight or both)
- Conditional Free Shipping (you may want free shipping based on Total Weight, etc.)
- Shipping Classes Support (available in the Plus version)
- Every Shipping Class Can Override (the way shipping price is calculated for it)
As you can see from the list above, the Weight Based Shipping for WooCommerce has plenty of features, which offer flexibility and could be set varying on what needs you need to be suited.
YITH WooCommerce Order Tracking
The YIThemes is a platform and an Independent Seller of WooCommerce Plugins.
YITH WooCommerce Order Tracking is a plugin that allows for an easy way for customers to track orders placed on your e-commerce website.
By using the plugin you will improve the quality of your customer service by being transparent with your business. On another note, you will reduce the workload of your customer service with auto tracking of orders.
YITH Order Tracking Plugin Benefits
Here are the benefits of the Free version of YITH Order Tracking:
- You Can Set a Default Carrier for Shipping
- Show and Customize Text Shown in WordPress My Orders Page about Shipping Data
- Customize Position of Text in My Orders Page
- Update Shipping Data from Backend of the Single Order Page
- Check Status of Orders (Shipped or Not) from My Orders Page Including Details
To compare, here are the exclusive features that you can access within the Paid version:
- Send tracking data via email to customers as soon as order is completed
- Shipping tracking available for a comprehensive and always updated list of carriers
- Show a button in WordPress My Orders page that takes customers automatically to carrier’s page containing details of the shipping
- CSV import of order tracking data associated by means of third-party plugins
- Possibility to complete the order automatically in case of tracking data insertion
- Search form shortcode to check tracking info of an order
- Enable extra column in orders list with order tracking information
- Insert the tracking data into the delivery note generated with the premium version of YITH WooCommerce PDF Invoice and Shipping List
- Integration with the premium version of YITH Custom Order Status to show order tracking data in Custom Order Status emails
- Integration with YITH Frontend Manager for WooCommerce
- Shortcode in Elementor Plugin Panel
Having all the features of all plugins and packages laid out for you, you could consider among them or do a bit more research before deciding on which plugin to use.
Now you know the best shipping plugins for WooCommerce based websites which are available on the market.
You will save time, money and resources, without paying developers to write code for shipping details. You would be a fool if you do not use at least one of the plugins mentioned in the above list, even if you have money to pay somebody to code something similar from scratch.
That sums up our top tips and recommendations for the Best Shipping WooCommerce Plugins. If you do not agree with our list and want to give alternatives to the plugins shown in the post, leave a comment below.
Read more of our articles about plugins and website building tips:
Best WordPress E-Commerce Plugins
17 Best Countdown Plugins for WordPress (2021)
TOP 10 Most Popular Types of Websites You Can Make with WordPress