On This Page: [hide]
- 0.1 Step 1: Decide what kind of gaming website do you need to create in The United States
- 0.2 Step 2: Choose a domain name for your gaming website in The United States
- 0.3 Step 3: Choose a reliable web hosting provider to create a gaming website in The United States
- 0.4 Step 4: Start building your website & choose its theme
If you like playing online games and you have the urge to build one yourself, you’re in the right place. Here we’ll show you all the mandatory things that need to be taken care of in order to create an online game in the United States. We’ll help you out to create the best possible version of your desired website.a
Step 1: Decide what kind of gaming website do you need to create in The United States
The first thing you need to determine is – do you want to build a website for game reviews, guides or a community hub, or do you want to build a full browser game yourself?
If you’d like to build up a website regarding gaming reviews, guides or a community hub, you can use the most famous software there is for that – WordPress. Do not worry though, we’ve got you covered regarding that matter already!
Check our guide on how to create a website using WordPress:
For these kinds of websites there are some factors that you need to take in consideration the following things that will allow you to create the website you desire:
- Decide whether you need to be single game oriented or a whole genre of games oriented
- Choose a game / genre that you are familiar with
- It should be something that you love playing with passion
- Decide if you’d like to create a forum where your visitors can reach out to each other
- Be Creative
- Add any unique features that you can come up with are always a plus over other gaming websites in The United States
However, if you have decided to build a full browser game yourself, you need to have an idea of what kind of game you would like to create. Do you want something like the infamous Flappy Bird? Do you want to shoot birds at pigs? You might also decide to create a game with spaceships just like the very famous browser game DarkOrbit. Or better yet – come up with your own unique game that you have not seen on a browser yet.
While determining that, make sure to consider the following factors:
- It should be something that you would like to play yourself in order to be created well
- Determine which age group the game would be appropriate for
- Do you want the game to be free or paid?
- Do you need the game to have additional paid goods?
- Will it be 2D or 3D oriented?
Step 2: Choose a domain name for your gaming website in The United States
Choosing a proper domain name for your gaming website is one of the most mandatory things. You need to make sure that it’s catchy, easy to remember and that it is SEO Friendly(to help increase your publicity & visitors). Keep in mind that that domain name will be your “first impression” as it is the first thing people see. While a good domain name can win you a lot of visitors – a bad one might scare them away. In summary, here’s what you need to take care of:
- Make it short
- Make it unique
- Make sure it doesn’t have a bad reputation
- Make sure it’s easy to remember
Step 3: Choose a reliable web hosting provider to create a gaming website in The United States
The most mandatory thing regarding choosing the hosting for your gaming website is to go back to Step 1 where you’ve determined what kind of website you need to build. If you’d like to create a gaming website for reviews, guides or a community hub, you need to find a speedy web hosting that can take care of everything for you, while you build your website. As we suggested earlier, if you are going to build that kind of website it would be best to do it using the CMS(Content Management Software) called WordPress. That said, you will need a hosting that is determined to provide the best WordPress hosting service out there.
Here’s what you need to look at when researching for a hosting service:
- Free SSL
- 99.9% UpTime
- 24/7/365 support with a chat & a phone line(or at least one of them);
- Integrated Backups;
- Price per Speed;
- Resources at your disposal;
- Bandwidth allowance;
- Integrated CDN options;
- Money-Back Guarantee;
- E-mail Service;
Our suggested WordPress hosting for creating a gaming review, guide or community hub website without a doubt would be:
WPX Hosting provides the best WordPress integration out there. They also have great support that is available 24/7/365 to take care of basically any troubles you might experience with your website. They provide free SSL, free integrated CDN(so that your website loads in less than 300MS across any location, even outside The United States), Daily Backups, DDoS Protection, Free Optimization, Daily Malware Scanning & Removal, Simple to use Admin Panel, 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee and so much more.
However, if you have decided to build a website that would host a game in itself, you need to make sure that your hosting choice has all the above features + provide you with a dedicated hosting solution or otherwise called VPS.
Since Hostinger has been built from the ground up, they’ve provided one of the most affordable and amazing VPS solutions.
From the low-tier plan providing 1 CPU, 1 GB RAM, 20 GB of storage and 1000 GB bandwidth to their high-tier that provides 8 CPU, 8 GB RAM, 160 GB of storage and 1000 GB bandwidth. The 1 CPU plan starts at $3.95 per month and renews at $7.95 per month, while the 8 CPU plan starts at $29.95 per month (if you choose the 4-year billing) and renews at $65.56 per month. Unfortunately though, they because of their low prices, they do not include SSL & Daily Backups, however even after that, this is still pretty great for a VPS hosting with very fast speeds, isn’t it?
Outside of that, Hostinger also provides:
- Free 24/7 Support;
- Dedicated IP;
- Dedicated IP with IPv4 & IPv6;
- Ultimate hardware & SSD spaced;
- Full Root Access;
- They claim 99.9% UpTime;
- and much more..
InMotion Hosting is refreshingly different. Its baseline VPS plan doesn’t have the most satisfying price at $24.99 per month but it’s easy to see why they’re doing good at what they offer. Their plan has better specifications at 4GB RAM, 75GB storage, 4TB bandwidth, 3 dedicated IPs, backups, and a cPanel license are included, and there’s a 90-day money-back guarantee. Once you register with their service, you get two hours with one of InMotion’s server administrators. They can assist with anything you like, like installing CMS, migrating a website and guiding you through anything you need. They also provide:
- 24/7 Support for free;
- E-mail Service;
- Secure servers;
- Set-up assist;
- 1-Click installs;
- Daily Backups;
- Root Access;
- Real-Time Redundancy;
- A big choice of data centers;
Step 4: Start building your website & choose its theme
If you are going to create a gaming review, guides or community hub website in The United States, you would be using WordPress.
After you’ve got your WordPress installation ready, head over to ThemeForest and choose the theme of your liking.
Let’s say you want to battle with the big boys. You’ve decided that you need to create a game itself. This is not as easy being done as said.
First, let’s choose an HTML Theme. This will be the ‘Front-End’ of your website – the page that the users see first. You can head over to ThemeForest as they provide very good HTML Templates out there. While choosing your theme, make sure that it’s something simple, user-friendly and ready to be imported with your future game.
After that has been chosen, you need to start building the game itself. For that matter, you’ll need software that will help you and guide you on how to start & advance later. Our suggestion for building a gaming website in The United States is by using either FlowLab or GDevelop. What makes those 2 apps different is that they allow you to build your game without the needs of any programming skills. You just need to use your imagination.
- Free(Cannot export games) & Paid versions
- Export apps to the Web, iOS, Android & Windows
- Support(Community & Developer(if Paid))
- Collaborations with other community members
- Export to the web, iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Linux, and even Facebook Messenger
- Ads support
Step 5: Optimize Your Gaming Website
No matter what you do, make sure that the website is visitor-friendly and not bloated with unusual information. This is the most mandatory thing you need to know about optimizing a gaming website.
Step 6: Use Good Marketing to Boost Your Site
In order for your gaming website in the United States to succeed, you need to ‘catch’ your clients. In order to do so, it’s a necessary step to have occasional promotions, as well as some daily bonuses, etc. Here are our suggestions:
- First registration bonus – also a very effective method to convince clients that your game is made to satisfy your players;
- Daily Bonuses;
- Bonuses depending on the deposit of the client – the more money they spend, the more discount on ‘points’ or ‘virtual money’ they get;
- VIP Status, VIP points & exclusive features;
- Promotions for big game events;
- Paid Ads on Google and Facebook with all the features the website & your game provides;
- Good Customer support;
- Achievement system;
- Occasional rewards for certain big achievements for the big players on your website – people like receiving gifts;
- Newsletter system;
- Tips and tricks for your game;
- New game content frequently;
- Feedback system;
- Frequent Patches & Bugfixes;
- Mobile Support;
- (Optional) Future multilingual support so that you can take on the rest of the planet with your success;
Create a Gaming Website in The United States – Conclusion
Whether you decide what kind of website you’d like to build regarding online gaming in The United States, it can be somewhat easy or hard. It can be a very time-consuming task, but if you choose something you love to do yourself and then embrace it, you will eventually a big reward out of it. Passion always wins and that is what will win you visitors and/or players for your gaming website in The United States. Using the provided methods that we have shown you, you might just be able to succeed in your task in no time but with very hard work.
How to Create a Website Using SiteGround:
What do you need before starting a website.
Before starting site setup process, we strongly advise that you complete the following preparation steps:
- Have a clear idea for the site's domain name. For example, good tip is to make it short and with focused keywords.
- Make sure to have an active credit or debit card so that you can make online purchases with it.
- Make sure you prepare a computer that has stable internet connection.
Step 1: Purchase a domain name and web hosting type.
Step 2: Install WordPress and an appropriate visual theme for your website.
How to Add Content to Your Website?
With WordPress, you generally have the ability to add the following types of content to your newly created website:
Below you can see instructions on how you can create a post or page and add media.
How to Create a New Post in WordPress?
Creating a WordPress post is easy - just follow the steps below.
1. Click on the "+ New" icon on top and select "Post".
2. Fill your post with a short and SEO title, based on the topic your website is for and add content to the post. The more elements the content has, like links and pictures, the better. When done, click on "Publish" when you want your post to be public and seen by everybody. You can also click on "Preview" to check how your post looks visually before publishing it.
How to Create a New Page in WordPress?
Creating a page is almost the same as creating a post, but with few important differences. Below you can find the steps on how to do it.
1. Click on the "+ New" icon on top and select "Page".
2. Fill your page with beautiful content plus a good title and click "Publish". You can also preview it, just like with the posts.
Since this is a page, make sure to create content that is more general. You can also create different types of pages, like a file download page, a report page, etc. To best explain pages, let's say you have a website for food reviews and a page would be describing general information about different categories of foods (fruits, vegetables, meat and so-on).
How to Add New Media in WordPress?
You can add media via two main ways - from the Wordpress menu or from the "Add Media" button within Posts and Pages. The later option is more commonly used, due to the fact that it is significantly more convenient. Below are the steps for it.
1. While in a post or page, click the "Add Media" button.
2. From the menu that appears, click "Upload Files" and then click "Select Files":
3. Select the file you want uploaded and click "Open":
4. Modify the file alignment (left, right, center), size, what should happen if someone clicks it and other preferences and when ready click on the "Insert into page" button. For posts, it is "Insert into post":
When done, the media should appear in the body of your post or page. WordPress also allows you to add audio and other file types, but be careful with the server space and use small size files due to the risk of filling up your server drive.
In case you want to Add New Media from the WordPress menu, you have to go the "Media" panel and repeat the beforementioned steps to do so:
FAQ’s How to Create a Website
What is a Website?
A website is mainly made from web pages that contain related content all classified by a unique domain name (A domain name is your website name. It is the address where Internet users can access your website). On a website, you can post contrasting content connected with the sphere of your website.
There are different types of websites, which you can find on the networking space like:
Interesting Fact: The first website uploaded on the internet went live on August 6, 1991.
How Much Does It Cost to Create a Website?
To find out how much it will cost to create a website, firstly you need to have a clear idea about the type of your website. What it is going to be: e-commerce, blog, educational, etc.
After choosing the best hosting provider, it's time for the right theme for your site, and the plugins, then you can estimate how much it will cost to start your website.
Have in mind that if there are also free web hosting services and free WordPress themes available out there.
Do I Need Any Programing Knowledge for Creating a Website?
Probably yes. Creating a website is not an easy task, and it is good to have some programming knowledge if you are considering creating one, But there are also alternatives that you can use for creating your website without having any programming knowledge.
One very popular alternative that you can use is to install a responsive multi-purpose WordPress theme like Avada and set drag & drop page buider, which will help you to customize your website at ease.
Can I Create a Website for FREE?
Once upon a time, it was said that everything is possible, so creating a website for free is possible, although it's hard to achieve without any expense.
To start your free website creation you need to find a free WordPress and to install it on a free hosting service. After you have already published your website on the internet, you need to install free plugins, which is the most difficult part. It is problematic to find reliable free plugins. There are some freeware ones available, such as Yoast SEO that can do pretty nice work, but most reliable plugins which are required for quality improvement of your website and are massively adopted are not free.
How Long Does It Take to Create a Website?
This is a question that concerns everyone who is considering making a website. The truth is that there is no specific answer to this question and everything depends on the height of your goal. If you are thinking of creating a small blog, you can make your website in a day. But if you are considering making a big online shop or something similar you will need to spend a lot more time.
Which Are the Best Platforms for Creating a Website?
The easiest way to create a website is to use a CMS(Content Management System) website builder platforms like WordPress or Joomla. The CMS platforms can help you create and customize your website without having much coding knowledge.
The Most Popular CMS Platforms:
What Is HTML? - Quick Tutorial.
HTML is the standard markup language used in the web pages, with which you can create your own website. Using the base of the HTML and CSS(Cascading Style Sheets - another web language with which you can put style over the HTML fundamental) languages can be very helpful for making little customization changes to your website.
HTML Code Examle
HTML Element Example
What Is Web Hosting
A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to upload their websites on the internet. There are different types of hosting services like:
- Shared Hosting (Server shared between many users)
- Dedicated Hosting (A dedicated server only for you)
- VPS Hosting (Virtual Private Server)
- Cloud Hosting (Hosting services that are provided to customers via multiple connected servers that comprise a cloud)