On This Page: [hide]
Creating a music website is one of the most difficult things to do. When it comes to creative showcase the website owners can utilize a lot of different strategies and approaches into creating the perfect site for themselves. A lot of the decisions depend on the final goal. When it comes to the creation of music websites there are some specifics that should be followed by the owners in order to craft the best possible experience.
What Constitutes a Band Music Website?
A Music website is a broad category of different types of pages that are all related to music. There are several main categories of pages that are often created by website owners:
- Artist Spotlight Page — These are essentially band sites that include the most popular elements that are expected from them. A biography section, published material (discography), events and sections devoted to their fans. Usually they are managed by the band/artist labels and/or their managers.
- Record Landing Page — These are specially created landing pages for specific records. A common example is the prerelease page which is designed to raise awareness (or “build hype”) for a upcoming band release. They can include a countdown timer and links to shops where the visitors can buy the album.
- Fan Pages and Online Communities — They are often created by the fans in order to support the bands and artists they like. Usually specially created scripts are utilized to enable functionality like chats, guestbooks and forums.
Specialized music websites can also be music blogs that can include sections like news and reviews. They also fit in to the music sites category as their primary focus is the showcasing of music as an art form.
In the majority of cases the music website will use ready-made layouts which are going to be teaked to include the personalized branding. A very important step in the creation of such sites is to carefully plan and integrate all social media. This includes the creation of separate accounts on platforms like Facebook, Twitter, SoundCloud and BandCamp.
What Do You Need to Create a Website for Music
In the case of using special tools and platforms the website will need to choose an appropriate theme. This will not only make it much easier to navigate between the sections, but will help to showcase the artist work.
Some of the essential elements that are expected from such sites is a showcase page which is expected to give out detailed information about the artist in question. This can include both pictures and videos, as well as dynamic content like moving elements.
The events section is one of the most important ones as it will give out details about upcoming concerts, media coverage and etc. Some bands may include also separate mini sites for certain albums and band members. While this decision can boost the interaction with the site it can also add extra maintenance time.
Any music purchasing options should be double checked if they redirect properly to the merchant gateway page. Common outlets include Amazon, iTunes, Spotify, BandCamp and etc.. Usually the payment is processed by them as well.
Music Multimedia Media Content
The majority of websites for music contain some sort of multimedia content that will showcase or advertise the production of a band or artist. There are several main types which are primarily embedded or linked:
- Upcoming Music Samples and Trailers — They can be either in audio or video format and are designed to showcase upcoming work.
- Documentaries and Press Material — These will showcase additional information about the artist for publicity and fan service purposes.
- Music Showcase — Songs and music videos of already published releases can be posted online.
You Can Also Read How To Create a Website For Your YouTube Channel
Instructions on How to Create a Website for Music
How to Create a Website Using SiteGround:
What do you need before starting a website.
Before starting site setup process, we strongly advise that you complete the following preparation steps:
- Have a clear idea for the site's domain name. For example, good tip is to make it short and with focused keywords.
- Make sure to have an active credit or debit card so that you can make online purchases with it.
- Make sure you prepare a computer that has stable internet connection.
Step 1: Purchase a domain name and web hosting type.
Step 2: Install WordPress and an appropriate visual theme for your website.
How to Add Content to Your Website?
With WordPress, you generally have the ability to add the following types of content to your newly created website:
Below you can see instructions on how you can create a post or page and add media.
How to Create a New Post in WordPress?
Creating a WordPress post is easy - just follow the steps below.
1. Click on the "+ New" icon on top and select "Post".
2. Fill your post with a short and SEO title, based on the topic your website is for and add content to the post. The more elements the content has, like links and pictures, the better. When done, click on "Publish" when you want your post to be public and seen by everybody. You can also click on "Preview" to check how your post looks visually before publishing it.
How to Create a New Page in WordPress?
Creating a page is almost the same as creating a post, but with few important differences. Below you can find the steps on how to do it.
1. Click on the "+ New" icon on top and select "Page".
2. Fill your page with beautiful content plus a good title and click "Publish". You can also preview it, just like with the posts.
Since this is a page, make sure to create content that is more general. You can also create different types of pages, like a file download page, a report page, etc. To best explain pages, let's say you have a website for food reviews and a page would be describing general information about different categories of foods (fruits, vegetables, meat and so-on).
How to Add New Media in WordPress?
You can add media via two main ways - from the Wordpress menu or from the "Add Media" button within Posts and Pages. The later option is more commonly used, due to the fact that it is significantly more convenient. Below are the steps for it.
1. While in a post or page, click the "Add Media" button.
2. From the menu that appears, click "Upload Files" and then click "Select Files":
3. Select the file you want uploaded and click "Open":
4. Modify the file alignment (left, right, center), size, what should happen if someone clicks it and other preferences and when ready click on the "Insert into page" button. For posts, it is "Insert into post":
When done, the media should appear in the body of your post or page. WordPress also allows you to add audio and other file types, but be careful with the server space and use small size files due to the risk of filling up your server drive.
In case you want to Add New Media from the WordPress menu, you have to go the "Media" panel and repeat the beforementioned steps to do so:
FAQ’s How to Create a Website
What is a Website?
A website is mainly made from web pages that contain related content all classified by a unique domain name (A domain name is your website name. It is the address where Internet users can access your website). On a website, you can post contrasting content connected with the sphere of your website.
There are different types of websites, which you can find on the networking space like:
Interesting Fact: The first website uploaded on the internet went live on August 6, 1991.
How Much Does It Cost to Create a Website?
To find out how much it will cost to create a website, firstly you need to have a clear idea about the type of your website. What it is going to be: e-commerce, blog, educational, etc.
After choosing the best hosting provider, it's time for the right theme for your site, and the plugins, then you can estimate how much it will cost to start your website.
Have in mind that if there are also free web hosting services and free WordPress themes available out there.
Do I Need Any Programing Knowledge for Creating a Website?
Probably yes. Creating a website is not an easy task, and it is good to have some programming knowledge if you are considering creating one, But there are also alternatives that you can use for creating your website without having any programming knowledge.
One very popular alternative that you can use is to install a responsive multi-purpose WordPress theme like Avada and set drag & drop page buider, which will help you to customize your website at ease.
Can I Create a Website for FREE?
Once upon a time, it was said that everything is possible, so creating a website for free is possible, although it's hard to achieve without any expense.
To start your free website creation you need to find a free WordPress and to install it on a free hosting service. After you have already published your website on the internet, you need to install free plugins, which is the most difficult part. It is problematic to find reliable free plugins. There are some freeware ones available, such as Yoast SEO that can do pretty nice work, but most reliable plugins which are required for quality improvement of your website and are massively adopted are not free.
How Long Does It Take to Create a Website?
This is a question that concerns everyone who is considering making a website. The truth is that there is no specific answer to this question and everything depends on the height of your goal. If you are thinking of creating a small blog, you can make your website in a day. But if you are considering making a big online shop or something similar you will need to spend a lot more time.
Which Are the Best Platforms for Creating a Website?
The easiest way to create a website is to use a CMS(Content Management System) website builder platforms like WordPress or Joomla. The CMS platforms can help you create and customize your website without having much coding knowledge.
The Most Popular CMS Platforms:
What Is HTML? - Quick Tutorial.
HTML is the standard markup language used in the web pages, with which you can create your own website. Using the base of the HTML and CSS(Cascading Style Sheets - another web language with which you can put style over the HTML fundamental) languages can be very helpful for making little customization changes to your website.
HTML Code Examle
HTML Element Example
What Is Web Hosting
A web hosting service is a type of Internet hosting service that allows individuals and organizations to upload their websites on the internet. There are different types of hosting services like:
- Shared Hosting (Server shared between many users)
- Dedicated Hosting (A dedicated server only for you)
- VPS Hosting (Virtual Private Server)
- Cloud Hosting (Hosting services that are provided to customers via multiple connected servers that comprise a cloud)