10 Best Dedicated Server Hosting in Africa (2023)
What is Dedicated Server Provider?A dedicated server provider is an organisation that offers dedicated servers to its customers. These servers are powerful computers that are solely dedicated to a single customer and are usually used for applications that require high levels of security, reliability, or performance. The provider offers customers access to physical servers, as well as technical support to make sure the servers are configured and managed correctly.
Top 3 Benefits Using Dedicated Server in AfricaServer Resources: By opting for a dedicated server in Africa, you gain access to a wide range of hardware resources from a single server. This can help to provide greater control over your website hosting, data storage and applications.
Connections: Dedicated servers in Africa typically offer a far faster and more reliable internet connection than shared hosting solutions. This helps to improve the speed of your website and also ensures better performance for any applications, databases or other services running on your server.
Website Security: With a dedicated server in Africa, you have full control over security measures which can be implemented. This can help to protect you from malicious attacks, data breaches and other cyber security threats.
Best Dedicated Server Deals for Africa
9. 99Stack Cloud
10 Most Reviewed Dedicated Hosting Providers in South Africa (Oct 2023)
|Hosting Name||User Satisfaction In %||Number of Reviews||Promotions|
|1-grid.com for South Africa||98%||904|
|HOSTAFRICA for South Africa||97%||416|
|GoDaddy for South Africa||79%||205||
NOW Save 47%
|IONOS | ionos.com for South Africa||85%||119||
|Namecheap for South Africa||83%||103||
|A2 Hosting for South Africa||97%||56||
|MilesWeb for South Africa||91%||62||
|Bluehost for South Africa||84%||59||
|TMDHosting for South Africa||92%||46||
- 40% OFF
|Hostgator for South Africa||75%||42||
-65% + domain
Dedicated Server - FAQ 2023
What Is Dedicated Hosting?
Dedicated hosting is the type of web hosting that provides a dedicated server for the customer with all of its resources specifically allocated for usage by the client. With this type of hosting you get full control over a server and its configuration settings. It is a hosting service that is very suitable for large traffic websites that are designed to accommodate a vast number of users. When it compared to Shared Hosting, it is significantly more expensive and for a good reason, too..
What Is Dedicated Hosting Used for?
Dedicated Hosting is used mainly for large scale operations, where a website with high traffic will be operated or a server with a lot of resources will be used for one reason or another. The segment of customers who choose this type of hosting are medium to large-scale businesses or small website owners that expect their website to grow quickly. Many businesses also opt-in for Managed Dedicated servers, because it gives them complete control over the server with all of its resources and allows them to optimize it and tweak it according to their specific needs and requirements and also strengthen and manage insecurity and how it performs in real time.
How Does a Dedicated Server Work?
With a dedicated web hosting server, you are leasing a physical server from a web hosting provider. This means that you have exclusive access to the server’s resources and no other customers have access to it. A dedicated web hosting server typically includes a CPU, RAM, storage, and network resources. The server is typically housed in a data center and connected to the web through an internet connection. The server is managed by the hosting provider, who will also be responsible for ensuring the server is secure and up-to-date. When you lease a dedicated web hosting server, you can choose the type of operating system and software you would like to use.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Dedicated Hosting?
Dedicated hosting offers a range of advantages, including increased security, scalability, and performance. However, dedicated hosting can be expensive and may require additional technical expertise to manage. In this article, we’ll explore the pros and cons of dedicated hosting in greater detail. Pros
- Security: Dedicated hosting offers the highest level of security as the server is dedicated to a single customer, making it much more difficult for hackers to gain access.
- Scalability: Dedicated hosting is highly scalable, allowing businesses to scale up their resources quickly and easily as their needs change.
- Performance: Dedicated servers tend to have a higher performance than shared hosting options, making them ideal for businesses who require greater speed and reliability.
- Control: Dedicated hosting gives customers full control over their hosting environment, allowing them to customize their server setup to meet their specific needs.
- Cost: Dedicated hosting tends to be more expensive than shared hosting, making it out of reach for many small businesses.
- Technical Expertise: Dedicated hosting requires a certain level of technical expertise to manage, making it unsuitable for those without the necessary skills.
- Limited Resources: Dedicated servers are limited to a certain number of resources, meaning they may not be able to handle large amounts of traffic or data.
Is Dedicated Hosting Good?
According to our recent research on dedicated hosting, there are several clear advantages that make this type of service good for the customer: 1.High Performance. 2.Control, flexibility and monitoring. 3.Security. Not only this, but this type of service is among the top services that are chosen by businesses worldwide, according to our statistics research report on dedicated hosting market growth. It takes second place in terms of percentage of customers opting for it with 27.90%, closely following Shared Hosting.
How to Set Up Dedicated Hosting?
There are several steps that you need to take if you want to set up dedicated hosting the proper way: Step 1: Choose the proper dedicated hosting company. - this is very important and to do that you need to set a criteria for price, security, performance, customer satisfaction, tech-support and then compare companies based on that. Step 2: Learn how to login to your dedicated server and operate it. Step 3: Install the software that you need on the dedicated server. - whether it is WordPress, Drupal, SQL database or any other kind of service, you will have to install it on the dedicated server in order to put it into action.
How Do I Maintain a Dedicated Server?
Several important steps should be taken in order to properly maintain a dedicated server:
- Monitor server performance and security regularly: Keep an eye on server performance, memory usage, disk space, and other essential metrics.
- Keep the server OS and software up to date: Updating your server’s operating system (OS) and the software installed on it is essential to maintain security, performance, and stability.
- Make regular backups: Make sure to back up your data regularly to protect it from being lost or corrupted due to hardware or software failures.
- Implement a firewall: Firewalls are essential for protecting your server from malicious attacks. Make sure to configure a firewall and keep it up to date.
- Perform regular scans: Use anti-virus and anti-malware programs to regularly scan your server for security threats.
- Utilize monitoring tools: Utilize server monitoring tools to keep an eye on server performance, resource usage, and security issues.
How Can I Find The Best Dedicated Server Location?
Yes, you can. Using Hosting Finder Tool for less than a minute you can filter web hosting brands by traffic volume, CMS (Wordpress, Magento, Drupal..), Server Location and current discounts all based on analysis of customer reviews around the web.
How Much Traffic Can Dedicated Hosting Handle?
For businesses that experience high levels of web traffic, dedicated hosting can be the ideal solution. By leasing a dedicated server, businesses can benefit from increased performance and capacity, allowing them to handle larger amounts of web traffic. When compared to shared hosting, dedicated hosting can offer significantly more power and flexibility, while still providing the same level of security.