On This Page: [hide]
|Address||501 Silverside Road, PMB #363, Wilmington, United States|
|Server Locations||Germany, India, Singapore, Australia, United Kingdom, Canada, United States|
Number of Reviews
Avg. Review Score
Hosting Information Score
Our Star Rating is optimally objective and precise, as it is based on detailed data for each hosting company.
HostArmada Expert Overview
Being a new company in the hosting sector, HostArmada has been continuing to grow both internally and externally. The company is founded back at the end of 2019 and they are US-based.
This is the kind of company that is focused on providing the best possible service for its customers as they claim they are the number 1 priority.
The range of services offered by them include Shared, VPS, WordPress, WooCommerce hosting, and dedicated servers. Their primary servers are currently allocated among a large range of countries on almost all continents, like Canada, Germany, India, Singapore, Australia, the U.K, and the U.S.
The hosting company aims to ensure 99.9% uptime using a constantly evolving cloud infrastructure and other technologies. They also have KVM virtualization and use redundant storage reapplication, which makes the constant innovation process easier as they can quickly migrate to more powerful machines and have a reduced downtime risk, caused by malfunctions on the hardware components.
Their website features a large knowledge base and is easy to navigate with constant promotions being offered away to keep customers happy.
In this hosting review, we will see how good it exactly is and see how it copes with today’s extremely fierce competition.
HostArmada Hosting Features
As expected, they offer a lot of nice features to brag about when it comes to hosting. Like most companies in this sector, they also partner with tech solution services, like:
- CloudLinux OS.
Some of the primary features that are offered by the company include the following:
- Unmetered bandwidth.
- Free site builder.
- Softaculous 1-click installer.
- Daily backups.
- Cloud SSD Storage.
- Free SSL certificate.
- Free domain name.
Cloud SSD Storage Feature
One very important feature they offer is the cloud SSD storage, which allows you to load sites 80% faster than what a standard HDD drive will provide you, which is good for your website’s speed. This feature is available across most plans of the company and it guarantees a good connection even if you are on a more budget plan.
The cPanel, which is used by most hosting companies, is very user-friendly here. As seen from the screenshot above, it offers quick access to most needed internal tweaks and features offered by the company, that are laid out in a user friendly manner.
The main dashboard offers the following categories:
- My Account
- My Services
- Order Products
- My Invoices
- Support Tickets
- Open New Ticket
We personally like that the chat is embedded in the dashboard as well as how easy it is to find and open a ticket in their ticketing system.
It is a bit difficult to find and access the Softaculous app installer from the dashboard as you have to access the cPanel, which is also a bit difficult to locate, but eventually, it took us seconds to find it, thanks to the fast support the company has and once we did, we quickly got used to it.
Free Site Builder Review
When it comes to site building, you have the convenience of the cPanel, which offers a vast range of services. The most important feature here is the Softaculous app installer, which offers one-click access to the CMS platforms and apps for absolutely any kind of website, including:
- Micro Blogs
- Image Galleries
- Social Networking
- Ad Management
- Polls and Analytics
- Project Management
- Guest Books
- Customer Support
- DB Tools
- File Management
Furthermore, we also noticed that they offer extended support in the main cPanel for e-mail network set up.
HostArmada Speed Test
When it comes to the speed test of this service, we always use the GTMetrix tool to see how it evaluates a randomly chosen hosted site. The tool provided us with an extended analysis of the website, hosted by them. Bear in mind that this company passed this test with flying colors, but you should also know that each website is unique and the score does not depend on the server only. It also highly depends on the code of the site and how well it is optimized.
When the performance of this provider was tested, it showed us “time to interactive”, which is the time it takes for all of the page elements to load and this time was 441 milliseconds – an impressive result.
When the pricing of the company was analyzed, we found it to be somewhere in the middle – lots of features for an accessible price. You also have the option to choose the period on which you are to be billed for your convenience. All of the plans, hosted by them come with a money-back guarantee of 45-days.
If you sign up with their plans, you get access to the following plans with their prices respectively:
- WordPress Hosting – Starting at $3.99/mo.
- SSD Shared Hosting On the Cloud – Starting at $3.99/mo.
- SSD VPS Hosting On the Cloud – Starting at $41.21/mo.
- Dedicated CPU Server Hosting – Starting at $149/mo.
- Dedicated CPU Cloud solutions for optimal power – Starting at $3.99/mo.
- Opensource Hosting – Starting at $3.99/mo.
- Development Hosting PRO – Starting at $3.99/mo.
When we tested the support, we were happy to see that it was available 24/7/365 and you can contact them via opening a ticket on your dashboard, which is very easy, by phone or typing a message on their live chat. We found the live chat to be very convenient and it took about 10 to 20 seconds for the support to reply to us.
The customer support representatives are very polite and are competent to quickly giving you links and knowledge to the issue you are having. The employee we contacted was even kind enough to offer us screenshots where we can find the Softaculous installer on our cPanel and show us easy ways to access it. The whole conversation continued very fast and it did not take much time for us to solve our issue, which points out to an excellent and experienced support team.
The support also offers free update help for all your applications, themes, and plugins and they claim to have over 10 years of experience in the field, which should be good.
To start with, the first thing we noticed when it comes to security is the company pays great attention to it, unlike some other companies in this field. What we found to be very responsible is that they offer two-factor authentication for your account to prevent intrusions:
We were also told by the support that the company implements some in-housing features and constant monitoring, which is great:
The main security measures and plans that are offered here in terms of securing machines is split up among the following key points:
- Updating and patching to the services against latest exploits.
- An apache server module, called mod_security2, that stops hacker attacks on machines.
- Protection against brute-forcing attacks on the cPanel login forms using CPHulk.
- Firewall, that is IP-based and is utilized for continuous checking the IP addresses that are connecting to the server, plus tracking them for any virus activity.
- Cloudflare – compatible servers, giving advanced DDoS protection for free.
- Free-of-charge Linux scanner for the latest malware, which can be performed by request if you politely ask the customer support team.
- Advanced backup systems, created to make parallel copies of your data so that your site can immediately come back up if attacked and downed.
- AutoSSL by cPanel comes standard to secure your site.
- They work with suEXEC – an Apache server module that allows running scripts, like PHP and CGI through the username of the user, protecting the server from external influence via script-based attacks.
And if you have the Start Dock and Web Warp hosting solutions, you will also get the benefit of taking advantage of the following security measures:
- Isolation of separate accounts with a secure layer to make sure that if one user is infected, it does not spread across the network.
- Splitting the virtual environment into smaller zones, using CageFS, allowing external users to safely run files that do not belong to you.
- Advanced machine-learning WAF ruleset that is automatically updated based on the behavior and the latest malware exploits. The service helps the firewall to protect you against any brute-forcing, DDoS and script-based attacks.
- Invisible captcha by Google, which aims to prevent spams and bots on your website.
- IDS Systems that allow blocking attacks and logging them which allows sysadmins to analyze the situation across the server security layers.
In case you have subscribed to their SpeedRipper hosting plan, then you get the following security features as well:
- System that monitors IP connections and if it detects requestes from IP that is repeating itself, it may automatically block it to protect your server.
- System that checks the security of the files uploaded on your server, more importantly if someone is accessing hidden files.
- Buffer overflow protection.
- Brute-force protection.