10+ Best Shared Hosting Providers in UK (2023) 🇬🇧
What is Shared Hosting?Multiple websites can be hosted on a single physical server with shared hosting. This cost-efficient hosting option allows websites to benefit from the same server resources, including CPU, RAM, and disk space. As a result, the performance and availability of all websites is impacted by the server they are hosted on.
How to Choose a Shared Hosting Company?Selecting the proper hosting company offering shared plans really calms down on the requirements of your website and is a very important decision. Read it, you should know first what do you want from your web hosting company in terms of different parameters being set as a criteria. Then, you will need to make a decision among which company can provide the best possible value for your criteria at the least possible price. And this comparison, you will hopefully be able to make this decision, since we provide you with most of the information laid out in a simple manner.
2. Krystal Hosting
8. A2 Hosting
50 Most Reviewed Shared Hosting Providers in United Kingdom (UK) (Mar 2023)
Shared Hosting - FAQ 2023
What Is Shared Web Hosting?
Shared hosting, just like its name suggests, allows you to share one server with other customers of the same web hosting companies, in other words other users of this server. This means that all of your different websites data is on the same server, which maintains other clients as well. When using shared web hosting, bear in mind that the amount of your resources are only limited, due to this same exact reason. This means that every time your website exceeds a certain resource, like bandwidth or drive space, you may be charged extra, depending on the web hosting company. These types of hosting plans feature basic and standard extras, including access to the control panel, disk space capacity, email accounts and other such adults, depending on what plan you have opted for. The biggest benefit includes low costing costs.
How to Choose the Best Shared Web Hosting Plan?
Choosing the correct shared web hosting plan really depends on your requirements. Generally, these kinds of plans are suitable if you want to:
- Begin a small website for your business or blog.
- Are on a budget and want to keep low operating costs.
- Have a start a project and you wish to show it to your upcoming potential customers.
- Are a beginner with lack of extensive technical knowledge about networking and hosting.
- Are not an experienced web programmer.
- Want to study how WordPress, Joomla and other CMS platforms work.
- Wish to learn web design and coding in real life.
- Customer reviews and feedback.
- UX (User Experience).
- Customer support & availability.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Shared Web Hosting?
When it comes to shared web hosting in particular, you could say that the following are its main benefits and drawbacks: Pros:
- Prices are cheap and you can stumble upon good deals.
- User friendly control panels and interfaces, designed for beginners.
- Loading speeds are generally fast.
- Backups are often offered by companies, providing high-reliability.
- Tech support for most top companies is outstanding.
- Most servers are very well secured, with the latests standards in this sector.
- Limited resources, compared to dedicated hosting.
- Sometimes, load times are slow, especially from far away locations.
- Shared directory means risks of security standpoint in case there is a problem with the server.
- Shared resources means slower performance on web traffic surges.
- You only get access to standard features, unlike when compared to VPS hosting.
What to Do If I Have Already Chosen My Shared Hosting?
In case you have done your research and have already chosen the right web hosting company to begin your project, then the following steps should help you start:
- Make sure the idea of your project is clearly understood.
- All of the research for the project should be fully done beforehand.
- Research the right domain extension to choose from (.com, .io, .net, etc.).
- Choose if you will have a custom site or will use a CMS platform, like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc.
- Select the right theme and plugins that will benefit your project, keeping functionality and simplicity in mind.
- Select different categories for your website or project.
How Are Servers Shared?
In shared hosting, the server is divided into multiple segments, with each segment allocated to a different website. Each website is allocated a certain amount of resources such as memory, storage space, and CPU time. The websites on the server are usually hosted on a single IP address, so they cannot access each other’s data. The main advantage of shared hosting is its affordability. Since multiple websites are hosted on the same server, the cost of hosting is shared among them. This makes shared hosting a cost-efficient option for businesses and individuals who don’t have the budget to get dedicated hosting. Shared hosting also offers an easy setup process and requires minimal technical knowledge. Most hosting providers offer easy-to-use control panels and website builders, which make it easy to create and manage websites.
Who Needs a Shared Hosting Plan?
Shared hosting is a great choice for those who are looking for an affordable and easy way to get their website or blog up and running. It's ideal for those who don't have a large budget, don't require a lot of features, and don't need a lot of customization. Shared hosting is best for small businesses, personal blogs, and hobby websites. With shared hosting, your website is hosted on a single physical server, along with multiple other websites. This helps keep costs down as you are only paying for the resources you need, rather than dedicated resources for your website. Shared hosting is also extremely easy to set up and maintain, making it perfect for those who don't have much experience with web hosting. It is also a great choice for those who need a quick and easy setup. Most hosting providers offer a one-click installation process, which makes it easy to get your website up and running in no time. Additionally, many hosting providers also offer more advanced options like email hosting, domain names, and more, which can make it easier to get your website up and running.
Is Shared Hosting Worth It?
The answer is yes, but it depends on your specific needs. Shared hosting is a good option for small businesses or website owners who don’t have high traffic or need many resources. It is also a good option for businesses who don’t need a lot of customization or don’t need the server to be managed by an IT specialist. One of the main advantages of shared hosting is that it is generally much cheaper than dedicated hosting. This makes it a good option for those who don’t have a lot of money to invest in a hosting solution. However, the downside is that you are sharing the server resources with other users, so you may experience slower loading times and more downtime.
How Can I Find Proper Shared Hosting Easily?
By using the Hosting Finder Tool , for less than a minute, you can filter web hosting brands by traffic volume, CMS (Wordpress, Magento, Drupal..), Server Location and current discounts. All results are based on analysis of customer reviews around the web.