On This Page: [hide]
What is a Crypto Wallet Address
The definition of a crypto wallet address states that it is a digital address, which consists of randomly generated letters and numbers, which are utilised as a unique identifier to allow the user to send and receive any tokens from a specific cryptocurrency. Just like a username on a chat client, which is used to send and receive messages, the crypto wallet address is used for the same purpose, only with different cryptocurrencies, like BTC, Ethereum and others. Each wallet differs depending on the cryptocurrency blockchain it is on.
How to Shorten Crypto Wallet Addresses?
In order to shorten crypto wallet addresses, you will need to replace their address name in the blockchain they are tied in. This can happen mostly using name services, like in the case of all ETH-based cryptocurrencies, which used, something that is called Ethereum Name Service or simply put – ENS.
What Is ENS (Ethereum Name Service)?
Ethereum Name Service is also known as ENS in crypto terms and is the official distributed system for naming in the Ethereum (ETH) blockchain. The main job of this service is to make the environment more user-friendly by using readable and understandable names, like .eth, .x, .any and other such. The best innovation that has come from the Ethereum Name Service is something, called NFT Domains, which is the main instrument to completely replace your Ethereum-based wallet with anything you want.
What Are NFT Domain Names?
An NFT domain is the type of domain, which exists in Web 3.0 in the form of a smart contract and is decentralised, existing in the public blockchain. The main advantage of NFT domains is they use custom extension, such as .nft and .crypto and you can register any NFT Domain you want to own, for example “yourdomainnamehere.nft” and others like it on reputable NFT domain marketplaces, like Unstoppable Domains, which allows you to do a wide variety of things with your domain, including renaming your wallet address.
The main advantages of an NFT Domain are the following:
- Simplify cryptocurrency addresses with NFT domains – attach your BTC, ETH, LTC and 275+ other cryptocurrencies to your NFT domain.
- Login with your domain – a single, easy-to-remember username on the decentralised web.
- Own your domain, for life – No renewal fees, ever
Steps to Shorten / Rename a Crypto Wallet Address Using NFT Domains
One very good advantage of an NFT domain over traditional domain names is that they exist in Web 3.0 and nobody except the wallet holder retains a full control and ownership of them. Now we will explain to you how to register an NFT Domain and how to mint it in the crypto network and then replace your crypto address with it.
- How to Get an NFT Domain?
- Open the official Unstoppable Domains site and set up an account, like shown in the figure below:
- Use the search bar to type the domain name you want to get for your crypto wallet address. In this case we are going to use an example one:
- In case your desired domain is occupied, you can choose among several suggested domains available by the system:
- Check your cart on the top right-corner and complete the one-time pay purchase:
- Finalise your purchase by choosing the payment method via which you want to get your NFT domain. As visible from the image beneath, you can use more than one payment ways:
- How to Mint an NFT Domain?
- Step 1: Go to Unstoppable Domains and the click the Domains > My Domains sub-menu after which you should be able to see your domain. To mint it, click on “Free Mint“:
- Step 2: Confirm the e-mail you are using by inputting the unique code sent to you:
- Choose the correct minting method. This means that you tie the NFT Domain Name to your crypto wallet address, making it authentically yours:
- How to Shorten Your Crypto Wallet Address?
- After you have purchased your address, go to the “MyDomains” tab of your Unstoppable Domains account and click on the “MANAGE” button with the gear-lever:
- Go to the “Crypto Tab” and you will see address input fields. Use the wallet you want to add the domain name to and you are all set:
Conclusion on Shortening Your Crypto Wallet Address?
As a bottom line, shortening your crypto address has multiple benefits and makes working with crypto a tad much easier and user friendly. There is also a wide variety of usage of these NFT domain names and if you want to learn more about them, make sure to check out the related articles in the FAQ forms we have created to help you easier understand their applications and what abilities you have once you have shortened your crypto wallet URL.
NFT Domains – FAQ
What Is an NFT Domain?
NFT domains include many domain extensions, that are new, such as .nft or .crypto, which are available on the Polygon and Ethereum blockchains.
How NFT Domain Works?
NFT Domains are hosted in a decentralised way. This means that there is no specific server doing the hosting, similar to what is Cloud Hosting, but with the difference of a clear decentralisation across all of the devices supporting the blockchain.
This allows the owner of the domain to have a complete control over their domain with root permissions, unlike what you would have with traditional domains, making them the only ones in power to decide what they can do with the domain (make a web 3.0 website, flip it for profit, tie it to a wallet, etc.)
What are NFT Domains Used For?
Having no clear control due to decentralization allows NFT domains to have the following applications, when compared to traditional domains and web hosting:
1. They can make your long and boring crypto address short and easy to use by changing it using an NFT domain name instead. This works with most of the cryptocurrencies, including LTC, ETH and BTC.
2. Simple and easy to remember, making working with them a breeze.
3. You get a full control and ownership of the domain for life.
4. You pay only once when you get the domain to own it and there are no other hidden fees and monthly charges as it is not controlled by big tech.
5. There is no limit to how many NFT domains you can own and you can sell them very easily.
How to Get an NFT Domain?
Step 1: Create an account at Unstoppable Domains.
Step 2: Type in the domain name you are interested in registering and you will get an extended list of suggested domains available at different prices.
Step 3: Choose your favourite among the suggested domains and add it to your cart.
Step 4: Open your cart from the website’s top-right hand corner and complete your purchase by selecting the payment method.
Extra Tip: Unstoppable Domains is by far the first and best platform for NFT domains so far, but you can also check other NFT Domain sellers if you are interested in other platforms or blockchains.
How to Mint NFT Domains for Free?
Below are the steps it takes to link your domain to your crypto wallet and mint it for free using Unstoppable Domains:
Step 1: Go to your profile on Unstoppable Domains. After your have purchased your domain, go to Domains – My Domains and you should see it there. Once there, click on the “Free Mint” button next to it.
Step 2: Make sure to confirm your e-mail address by entering the code sent to it as a security measure.
Step 3: Choose to which wallet you want to tie the domain to. If it is not supported, you should create a wallet on one of the supported platforms. We suggest using Metamask as it is the safest option.
Step 4: Click “I Understand” to confirm and the “Confirm” to mint your NFT domain.
Minting an NFT domain means making it a part of your wallet and owning it completely. You can later sell the domain for profit or use it to build a web 3.0 website.
How to Make Money With NFT Domains?
1. Buy the NFT Domain.
2. Mint the NFT Domain to your wallet.
3. List it on NFT Domain Marketplaces at the right price that will make it desirable for investors.
How to Make a Website from NFT Domain?
Creating a website from an NFT Domain is still at its early stage of development. However, if you want to make your own web 3.0 site, make sure to check out the official extended guide by HTH on How to Create a Website on The Decentralized Web.