Why Use Managed Dedicated Server
A managed dedicated server is an ideal solution for organizations that require a high level of control and flexibility over their IT infrastructure
Managed dedicated servers provide users
with access to their own dedicated hardware and operating system, allowing for increased reliability, scalability, and performance.
Managed dedicated servers are managed by a team of experts, users can rest assured that their server is always kept up to date with the latest security patches and performance optimizations.
What Is Managed Dedicated Hosting?
A managed dedicated server hosting arrangement provides a single client with exclusive access to all the resources (bandwidth
) of a private server. The hosting provider takes care of maintenance, upgrades, security, and optimizations associated with the server.
Managed Dedicated Server hosting services are perfect for:
- For administrators who want more reliability and stability than the shared hosting.
- For companies dealing with transactions over FTP or SSL because it leads to enhanced security.
- Customers who are given full autonomy to configure the machine to meet their individual needs in terms of performance and security.
Best Fully Managed Dedicated Server Hosting Plan Offers
Features of Dedicated Server Hosting
Here are some of the Standard features that Dedicated Server Hosting has to offer in general:
- Powerful Processors and Hardware
- 24/7 Network Monitoring
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
- 100% Uptime Guarantee
- Storage Upgrades Available
- Free SSL Certificate
- Root Access
- Dedicated Support
Those are the usual features that you should get with most Dedicated Host Solutions out there.
Why Do You Need A Managed Dedicated Server?
Any business should go for a Managed Dedicated Server solution. Having full control over the server, privacy and customization, as well as specific requirements in terms of hardware, you need a Dedicated Server.
Having your website, server and hosting monitored 24/7 by a team of experts makes the Managed option even a better deal for any Dedicated Server plan.
Benefits of Managed Dedicated Server Hosting
Here are the benefits of Managed Dedicated Servers:
- Fast Speeds - you will have no slowdowns as you enjoy fast connectivity and quick upload times.
- Highest Security - makes it nearly impossible to get hacked by cybercriminals
- Dedicated Resources - you have the whole hardware dedicated only to you.
- Full Customization - you can customize the server in any way that serves your needs.
- Unlimited Power and Storage Space - power and other resources available are scalable and will help power your server and website in the long term.
Last, but not least, you will have the full support of experienced, veteran team of technical experts
, who will watch over, as in monitor and update, your server and websites on a 24/7 basis.
What Can You Do With a Managed Dedicated Server?
- Host a website: With a dedicated server, you can optimize your website for more visitors than a shared hosting solution would allow. This ensures that all visitors can access your website without any issues or disruptions.
- Use it as a backup for your website: A dedicated server can be a great choice to ensure maximum security for backing up your website.
- Host a personal cloud space: Utilize a dedicated server to allow employees access to their own cloud space without compromising security.
- Setting up a communication service: A dedicated server can set up your company's own communication service (such as VoIP, for instance), whether it is a web-based email server or an IRC chat.
- Use it for data synchronization: The dedicated server can be used to synchronize data between different employees. This way, if anyone makes changes to a file, the other people involved can have the most up-to-date version.
- Set up company analytics: With a dedicated server, you can establish web analytics for the business website to collect and analyze data. This can give you freedom on what type of data is collected and what decisions are made based on that data.
Managed VS Unmanaged Dedicated Server - Which Is Better?
dedicated server, you can easily access it without needing to understand any technicalities(code, networking protocols, commands, etc.) of web services - the hosting provider will handle all of this for you, so you can concentrate on the bigger picture of running your business. However, the cost of a managed server will be higher, as you will have to ask the hosting company to manage any updates or customization to the server that you may need.
If you don't have an in-house tech team who can manage your website, or if you don't have the necessary expertise yourself, an unmanaged
dedicated server will require you to handle all the work associated with managing the server. However, the cost of an unmanaged server is admittedly much lower than the other options.
Now, let us show you the Best Managed Dedicated Server Hosting
solutions for 2023, below.
LiquidWeb Managed Dedicated Server Hosting
LiquidWeb is a widely-popular hosting company that provides excellent Cloud solutions within a Dedicated Server environment. It was founded in the year of 1997, and since then, it is providing quality services and great dedicated hosting plans.
LiquidWeb has data centers in Central and West USA, and Europe (Amsterdam), and it is powering over 35000 customers around the whole World. The company focuses on fast dedicated hosting services and gets the job done efficiently with optimized performance and high speeds.
Liquid Web has New Dedicated Servers Powered by Intel Xeon Processors
, while customers will get to experience a better performance of those servers, even with higher workloads.
LiquidWeb Managed Dedicated Solution with the cheapest plan features:
- 4 Core Intel Xeon Processor, 250GB SSD, 16GB RAM, 1TB SATA Backup Drive
- 5TB Outbound Bandwidth
- Management of Administration, Hardware, Network, OS and Updates
- Linux or Windows Available
- 24/7/365 Support with On-Site Level 3 Technicians
- Built-in Backup Drives and Off-Server Backups
- Plesk, InterWorx, or cPanel Available
With any Dedicated Server plan here, you will save router, internet connection, security system, and network administration costs. All the while you will receive the Support of veteran LiquidWeb technicians.
HostGator Managed Dedicated Server Hosting
HostGator is one of the largest host companies in the World. HostGator was officially started its business as a registered brand since 2002. HostGator has been growing rapidly as a company and now is a tech giant that serves thousands of customers with hosting solutions.
HostGator provides a few Dedicated hosting solutions. You can also purchase domain names, as you get a free one if you register HostGator as your host provider.
The HostGator company has many, powerful servers, which locations are kept secret for added security purposes. HostGator provides fully Managed services for its Dedicated Server plans.
See features, offered with the cheapest, Dedicated Server plan of HostGator:
- Free SSL Certificate
- Unmetered Bandwidth
- 4 core (8 thread) Intel Xeon-D CPU, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD
- Linux or Windows Operating System
- Fully or Semi-Managed Plan on a 24/7 basis
- Database Support
The resources multiply with higher cost plans. Their Support team is available 24/7 and is highly praised among various HostGator customers.
DreamHost Managed Dedicated Server Hosting
DreamHost is a veteran company based in Los Angeles, California, United States, with Data Centers located in Ashburn Virginia and Hillsboro Oregon.
With high-speed and well-optimized Dedicated Servers, DreamHost provides the ultimate performance for its hosting solutions. After all, some of the most powerful Internet backbones are in the United States.
DreamHost begun servicing customers with Internet Services since 1996, and have managed to place high on the market of top-tier host providers. You can read more about the company in our DreamHost Review
. Nowadays, this company appears to be as good as the competition.
Clean wind programs and renewable energy are used by DreamHost. It provides these features:
- 24x7 Tech Support and Server Monitoring
- Two Fully-Managed Dedicated Server plans
- 100% Network Uptime Guarantee
- Intel Xeon 4-Core 8-Thread CPU, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD
- Root Access Available
- Local MySQL Database Server
- Ubuntu as Operating System
- High DDoS Protection
Offices of DreamHost and their data centers come with a technology labeled LEED Platinum and Energy Star certification, with high-efficiency CFL lighting and LED low-mercury technology. Thus, DreamHost is running on low power consumption which is eco-friendly and passes all required power ratings.
Having two separate plans which are both Fully-managed Dedicated Server services is an added benefit.
BlueHost Managed Dedicated Server Hosting
BlueHost is one of the best Dedicated Server hosting companies worldwide. This is partially because it has servers spread across the whole World and has really good connection speeds.
Their Dedicated Hosting solutions are flexible and are powered by an industry-leading, robust platform, while also providing the ability for you to have unfettered access and control over everything.
In case BlueHost is not a company you are familiar with, you can read our Full BlueHost Review
The benefits of the cheapest BlueHost Dedicated Server plan are:
- 4 cores @ 2.3 GHz, 500GB Storage, 4GB RAM
- 24/7 Network Monitoring
- 30-Day Money Back Guarantee
- Storage Upgrades in Real-Time
- Free SSL Certificate
- Root Access
- Dedicated Support
BlueHost has other features available which are optional and offer additional protection and security. You can check them out from the page with the plan pricing. Additionally, you can have multi-server management, where you can operate a few dedicated hosting services at the same time.
Cloudways Managed Dedicated Server Hosting
CloudWays is a hosting provider giant. It offers cloud solutions but it is partnered with many platforms such as Amazon, Google and Vultr, thus it provides dedicated services as well.
Cloudways could be set by choosing a data center closest to your preferred location so you get the most out of the Dedicated Server services that are provided.
Cloudways allows you to choose among a few Dedicated Hosting plans on the Vultr platform:
- 24/7 Expert Support
- Robust Performance and Dedicated Firewalls
- Managed Security and Backups
- Built-in Advanced Cache, MySQL Manager and CDN
- SSD-Based Servers
Choosing specific storage space and memory among other resources is also an option with each Cloudways Dedicated Server managed host plan. That way, you can request an update of your resource allocation per your requirements quickly and within the same day.
Cloudways is proud to have good Dedicated Server Scalability. Having the opportunity to scale your website, you can avoid problems such as website-crashing or downtimes.
Getting the Best Managed Dedicated Server Hosting plan with the most suitable provider is the first and most crucial step when you want to host a website. The hosting provider and plan you choose will determine the resources you will receive as a service.
Choosing any provider with a Managed Dedicated Server solution from the list provided above is fine, as you will get a 24/7 Support management and you can always change the resources available or switch hosting providers.
We suggest that if you know your resources and want easy scalability and fast speeds, you should go with Liquid Web
Managed Dedicated Server Hosting solution as it is our top pick and we know they are the best in the market in recent months.
Dedicated Server - FAQ 2023
What Is Dedicated Hosting?
Dedicated hosting is the type of web hosting that provides a dedicated server for the customer with all of its resources specifically allocated for usage by the client.
With this type of hosting you get full control over a server and its configuration settings. It is a hosting service that is very suitable for large traffic websites that are designed to accommodate a vast number of users.
When it compared to Shared Hosting, it is significantly more expensive and for a good reason, too..
What Is Dedicated Hosting Used for?
Dedicated Hosting is used mainly for large scale operations, where a website with high traffic will be operated or a server with a lot of resources will be used for one reason or another.
The segment of customers who choose this type of hosting are medium to large-scale businesses or small website owners that expect their website to grow quickly.
Many businesses also opt-in for Managed Dedicated servers, because it gives them complete control over the server with all of its resources and allows them to optimize it and tweak it according to their specific needs and requirements and also strengthen and manage insecurity and how it performs in real time.
How Does a Dedicated Server Work?
With a dedicated web hosting server, you are leasing a physical server from a web hosting provider. This means that you have exclusive access to the server’s resources and no other customers have access to it.
A dedicated web hosting server typically includes a CPU, RAM, storage, and network resources. The server is typically housed in a data center and connected to the web through an internet connection.
The server is managed by the hosting provider, who will also be responsible for ensuring the server is secure and up-to-date. When you lease a dedicated web hosting server, you can choose the type of operating system and software you would like to use.
What Are the Pros and Cons of Dedicated Hosting?
Dedicated hosting offers a range of advantages, including increased security, scalability, and performance.
However, dedicated hosting can be expensive and may require additional technical expertise to manage. In this article, we’ll explore the pros and cons of dedicated hosting in greater detail.
- Security: Dedicated hosting offers the highest level of security as the server is dedicated to a single customer, making it much more difficult for hackers to gain access.
- Scalability: Dedicated hosting is highly scalable, allowing businesses to scale up their resources quickly and easily as their needs change.
- Performance: Dedicated servers tend to have a higher performance than shared hosting options, making them ideal for businesses who require greater speed and reliability.
- Control: Dedicated hosting gives customers full control over their hosting environment, allowing them to customize their server setup to meet their specific needs.
- Cost: Dedicated hosting tends to be more expensive than shared hosting, making it out of reach for many small businesses.
- Technical Expertise: Dedicated hosting requires a certain level of technical expertise to manage, making it unsuitable for those without the necessary skills.
- Limited Resources: Dedicated servers are limited to a certain number of resources, meaning they may not be able to handle large amounts of traffic or data.
Is Dedicated Hosting Good?
According to our recent research on dedicated hosting, there are several clear advantages that make this type of service good for the customer:
2.Control, flexibility and monitoring.
Not only this, but this type of service is among the top services that are chosen by businesses worldwide, according to our statistics research report on dedicated hosting market growth. It takes second place in terms of percentage of customers opting for it with 27.90%, closely following Shared Hosting.
How to Set Up Dedicated Hosting?
There are several steps that you need to take if you want to set up dedicated hosting the proper way:
Step 1: Choose the proper dedicated hosting company. - this is very important and to do that you need to set a criteria for price, security, performance, customer satisfaction, tech-support and then compare companies based on that.
Step 2: Learn how to login to your dedicated server and operate it.
Step 3: Install the software that you need on the dedicated server. - whether it is WordPress, Drupal, SQL database or any other kind of service, you will have to install it on the dedicated server in order to put it into action.
How Do I Maintain a Dedicated Server?
Several important steps should be taken in order to properly maintain a dedicated server:
- Monitor server performance and security regularly: Keep an eye on server performance, memory usage, disk space, and other essential metrics.
- Keep the server OS and software up to date: Updating your server’s operating system (OS) and the software installed on it is essential to maintain security, performance, and stability.
- Make regular backups: Make sure to back up your data regularly to protect it from being lost or corrupted due to hardware or software failures.
- Implement a firewall: Firewalls are essential for protecting your server from malicious attacks. Make sure to configure a firewall and keep it up to date.
- Perform regular scans: Use anti-virus and anti-malware programs to regularly scan your server for security threats.
- Utilize monitoring tools: Utilize server monitoring tools to keep an eye on server performance, resource usage, and security issues.
How Can I Find The Best Dedicated Server Location?
Yes, you can. Using Hosting Finder Tool for less than a minute you can filter web hosting brands by traffic volume, CMS (Wordpress, Magento, Drupal..), Server Location and current discounts all based on analysis of customer reviews around the web.
How Much Traffic Can Dedicated Hosting Handle?
For businesses that experience high levels of web traffic, dedicated hosting can be the ideal solution. By leasing a dedicated server, businesses can benefit from increased performance and capacity, allowing them to handle larger amounts of web traffic.
When compared to shared hosting, dedicated hosting can offer significantly more power and flexibility, while still providing the same level of security.