On This Page: [hide]
Marketing Automation is more important than ever. With the Covid virus having heavily impacted the World, countries keep issuing a pandemic state, and businesses are forced to function online, more and more. Marketing Automation aids in moving businesses forward.
In the following article, we at HowToHosting.guide, will show you what is Marketing Automation, its benefits and how to utilize it as best as possible.
What is Marketing Automation?
Marketing Automation is the automatic and systematic management of marketing systems and tasks. It automatically performs repetitive marketing processes simultaneously.
However, Marketing Automation is much more than that. It includes software which is responsible for monotonous tasks such as:
- E-mail Marketing
- Social Media Posting
- Advertisement Campaigns
Marketing Automation allows for businesses to send customers automatic messages across e-mails, the web, social platforms, and plain texts. Before a message is sent, it undergoes whole sets of instructions labeled as workflows.
Workflows in their own right can be defined by custom templates, or ones modified in the middle of a campaign to achieve good results.
The whole Marketing Automation process is ever-evolving and is a tool to help with smooth workflows.
What Do Businesses Gain from Marketing Automation?
Marketing Automation helps with many things, but regardless, many marketers believe that with automating processes in their business, they can stop generating new leads. That is inherently wrong.
Just having the middle of your marketing funnel automated, does not in any way mean that you are done with getting new leads. It is crucial that you do both.
Buying lists of e-mail addresses to send personalized data as a part of an inbound strategy is a good thing. It could result in those email initiatives to turn potential leads into conversions. However, generating inbound leads is just as important.
Email nurture campaigns are not enough to form a healthy, long-term relationship with your customers.
Marketing Automation also enables marketing practices of today, such as:
- Lead Generation
- Lead Nurturing and Scoring
- Relationship Marketing
- Cross-selling and Upselling
- Return on Investment (ROI) Measurement
- Account-based Marketing
Another thing you need to know about marketing automation is that it is not necessarily a funnel but more of a repetitive process with equal parts that power it.
Once you generate a lead, you put them in an e-mail queue, which is automated and pass hand-raisers over to your Sales Team.
Having done the above process, you create a disjointed experience for existing customers and prospects, while they go from Marketing, to Sales and finally to the Customer Service.
You have to keep on building a contextual and productive experience on the basis of the needs of every individual. Do not get lazy into making marketing automation a way to force people via a funnel with irrelevant content and non-purposeful touchpoints.
If you see Marketing Automation as something static, which does not require attention, you strain away from creating productive, long-term customer relationships. The technology does not replace work altogether, but helps it go faster.
What we talked about above are the two most important principles in Automation Marketing – generating new, qualified leads and converting those leads into customers.
Those principles are interchangeably connected to Digital Marketing KPIs or the so-called Key Performance Indicators. KPIs are quantifiable goals which help you to measure and keep track of your success of activities and campaigns.
What Are the Benefits?
Marketing Automation is more than beneficial. It includes many benefits that are crucial to the growth of businesses and their survival in the rapidly evolving sales World.
Marketing Automation Benefits
Benefits of Marketing Automation include:
- Helps Grow Your Business Faster
- Costs Less Money
- Increases Marketing Efficiency
- Generates Higher Revenue
- A Multichannel View of Prospect Behavior
- Improved Lead Conversion and ROI
- Saves Time and Effort for Repetitive Tasks
- Does More Tasks Simultaneously
- Generating Personalized Nurturing Leads
If you begin using Marketing Automation as a system, you might notice even more benefits that you can include to your advantage in your own business.
Marketing Automation Additional Features
Some of these additional features of Marketing Automation are:
- Central Marketing Database – this is the place where you store all your marketing data, including details about prospects, customer interactions, plus their behaviors. This unified system where you hold your marketing information gives you the benefit to segment and target the right message to each customer.
- Engagement Marketing Engine – an environment where creation, management, and automation of the whole marketing process happens, including conversations across online and offline channels. A management system that appoints your customer interactions.
- Analytics Engine – this is where you can test, measure, and optimize marketing ROI and impact on the revenue. The place to ponder about what marketing strategies worked or did not work and how to move forward and better the whole process.
- MarTech Stack – A collection of all of the effective, collaborative, and scalable marketing applications that you need to help you achieve your goals. Think of this as the main place where you can use tech to stay connected to your buyers and deliver marketing-sales alignment.
Believe it or not, Marketing Automation is so useful, that any business in marketing must have it to gain its benefits and features and be truly successful.
Best Tools and Examples
Automation Marketing needs to be successful and have a high conversion rate to be truly useful and productive. Otherwise it would be a waste of time and resources and backfire, instead of help.
Here we will provide a list of tools and examples of how to best use automation in your marketing strategy to help you build meaningful relationships with prospects and customers.
Marketing Automation Tools
Some of the best Marketing Automation Tools available online are the following:
- iContact – Segment customer experiences and automate them
- HubSpot – Generate leads, align sales and marketing, close deals
- LeadSquared – Capture leads from inbound email, online campaigns, calls and more
- Customer.io – Create targeted messages to customers based on real-time data
- Pardot – Boost your revenue with CRM integration, email marketing, lead nurturing
- Constant Contact – Get email-marketing automation with autoresponder and more
- Oracle Eloqua – Send multichannel personalized campaigns
- Bizible – Sync sales and marketing with tracking on multiple channels
- AdRoll – Use re-engagement techniques on social media and the Web
- InfusionSoft – Organize your CRM, marketing tools and sales
- Act-On – Connect inbound and outbound leads and manage your Nurturing campaigns
These are the top 11 tools for Marketing Automation based on our research. There are so many more tools, that we at HowToHosting.guide encourage you to explore more and see what tool fits your business strategy.
Having proper tools is not self-fulfilling for a Marketing Automation campaigns to work. You need to strategize, prioritize and execute the right techniques in order to be successful.
Here are the best methods and examples of successful automation marketing strategies.
Welcome E-mails – send a welcome email to each new client, build on a good impression and achieve better brand awareness.
Win-back Programs – when customer loyalty is faltering, you need to use win-back emails for at-risk clients. Redeem any wrongdoings with former customers and win them back.
Gated Content – send downloadable gated content for lead generation. Customers get branded content, while you receive their names and e-mails in return.
Lead Magnets – social media posts, adverts, video clips, and podcasts serve as magnets for generating new leads – use them.
Social Platform Automation – Social media management always results in long-term benefits. With social platforms such as Facebook and Twitter, you can create consistent content, improve your reputation and boost engagement with customers.
Are newer platforms like Snapchat going to help? Yes – more platforms equals better outreach.
Customer Quizzes – use automated quizzes to get customers to tell their wants and needs. Results show relevant, customized recommendations.
Customer Onboarding – Personalized messages sent to old customers could keep them engaged longer. To be more effective, you should send reminders at the right time.
Transactional Messages – Customers want to know that their orders have been placed successfully. Automate transactional messages and updates for successful orders, shipment, and delivery confirmation.
Omni-channel Experience – Clients love having multiple ways of purchasing products. Create a unique campaign for each channel to appease the consumers more.
We hope that we have mapped the successful strategies for marketing automation with the prime examples listed above.
Think about your current and future customers and how to provide them with the best experience, while having some of the mechanical tasks and processes automated.
Marketing Automation is an extremely useful technology and considered a must-have in today’s marketing World. Regardless, it requires to be supervised as it is evolving constantly and not a static process.
Marketing Automation helps businesses around the World to achieve more rapid growth and do more, at lower cost and less time. Crucial for progress, the tools and whole work process improve the workflows of companies due to Marketing Automation.
Having implemented the technology does not automatically make your business better. You still must have a good work ethic and work toward generating leads, and creating purposeful touchpoints for possible new clients.
Never neglect work, especially when you are having some of the processes automated. Generate relevant and contextual, positive user experiences, while working on your inbound marketing strategy.
Read useful articles we have written on related content: